Items featured at www.tesorotreasures.com

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Little Italy Gala - A Success!!!


Last night's Little Italy Gala at the Peralta Building in Downtown San Jose was a huge success. Over 300 people attended the elegant event. Upon entering, the guests were greeted by a masked woman and a glass of prosecco! The interior was transformed into a piazza in Italy. Participating restaurants brought delicious food to sample, along with wonderful wines. But the highlight of the evening was Pasquale Esposito singing traditional, as well as newer, Italian songs and arias. The crowd was dancing and moving to his music.
And then for the comic relief of the evening - yours truly!!! Pasquale had been singing on the stage, but then came out into the audience and proceeded to the stairs where he sat down. Thinking that he was taking a break, I approached him to ask him for a picture. In my polite way, I said, "Possiamo fare una foto insieme?" (can we take a photo together), and he looked at me a bit puzzled and replied, "Certo" (certainly). I thought his response was a bit stunted...but didn't think twice about it. He then stood up, and with a microphone to his mouth, proceeded to continue singing while posing for a photograph with me!!! I had no idea that he was still performing, otherwise I would have never interrupted him. Needless to say, I was totally embarrassed!!! But at least I gave my husband a good laugh :)

1 comment: