Items featured at www.tesorotreasures.com

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gratitude Friday and The Joy of Helping Each Other

Today I met with a new friend and we talked about our mutual dreams of building our own little companies. I have my Italian ceramic import business, and she is planning a travel tour to Italy during the 2010 olive harvest time (you can see my post last month about her trip). We both have dreams of succeeding in our endeavors but realize that we can't do it alone. We need others to help us promote our business, and also to encourage us to continue when things don't go as quickly or as well as we had planned. We both genuinely want the other to succeed, and it felt good to want to help each other. Networking really does work, if only for the support it provides!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, working together to not only promote, but also to support each other is so critical to our personal and professional success. What I love is that doing this also eliminates jealousy and small mindedness -- even if certain aspects of our businesses cross over, it is important that we all succeed! Very nice post.

    have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly why I wrote this post - because this was the first time I actually felt that we both had each others best interests at heart. In the past, I have met up with feelings of competition and jealousy and it has disillusioned me. I had even thought of giving up completely!
    Thanks for your comment and a great weekend to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete