Items featured at www.tesorotreasures.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cooking with Pancetta

Today I was a total cooking fiend - I decided to make meals to freeze for future use on those work days when there is just no time to cook. I don't usually like to freeze things, but I am going to try it to see how good the meals are. Perhaps many of you have good luck with this...if so, please pass on your wisdom to me :) I made two meals: a Polpettone (meatloaf) and slow-cooked Stewed Ribs. Both of these recipes called for some chopped pancetta. I don't know about you, but if I can shortcut any of these chopping rituals without compromising on quality, I will take it! I have found just such the thing for pancetta - Trader Joe's carries chopped pancetta from Citterio and it is absolutely perfect for using when you need to flavor your meals with pancetta. I have used it for many dishes, and it is perfect for Carbonara Sauce!! Mmmm...mmmm...anything with pancetta is delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment