Items featured at www.tesorotreasures.com

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Agnolotti

Sometimes out of boredom is born the desire to create!!! And that is exactly what happened today! While the boys were watching football, my daughter and I decided to use some girl time to putter in the kitchen. I had cut out a recipe a long time ago from a magazine on homemade agnolotti, a type of giant ravioli, which I wanted to try. And even though I didn't have the exact ingredients for the filling, the recipe gave me some good ideas of what type of filling was needed. So I raided my freezer and found the ingredients that turned out to be perfect for the filling. We used ground turkey and frozen spinach, along with pancetta and parmesan cheese and a couple of eggs to hold it all together...and voila!!! A delicious filling was created! After this we proceeded to make the fresh pasta sheets - as always, this was lots of fun. Once the sheets were made we placed generous round balls of filling in a neat row and added another pasta sheet on top. Using a bit of water to seal the edges, we used a special roller blade and cut out the agnolotti. They turned out beautifully - even though they aren't all even in size! Some bigger than others..but hey...that's the beauty of things homemade!

Unfortunately, nobody will be home tonight to enjoy these wonderful creations so I decided to freeze them for future dinners...once I try them, I will update this and let you know how they turned out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment