Items featured at www.tesorotreasures.com

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tiramisu!!!!


Today, despite the great heat, I made a tiramisu dessert for my contribution to a mini college reunion we are attending tomorrow afternoon. I have to say it turned out very pretty!! I found a beautiful glass bowl to display it in, and I'm hoping that it will settle into a great consistency after being chilled overnight!! Sometimes tiramisu can be a bit temperamental - if you let the lady fingers pick up too much coffee when you soak them, then the result can be a runny dessert. Also if you don't whip up the egg whites all the way to stiff peaks, it can become runny as well. So...I'm hoping that I did all these things right and the result will be a firm tiramisu!!!

Here is the recipe that I use for my tiramisu:

2 c. strong coffee
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
80 gms. sifted powdered sugar
30 cc (or 2 T) amaretto or rum
2 packages lady fingers
1 package mascarpone cheese
************************************
Mix egg yolks, sugar, and amaretto or rum until creamy and thick. Add mascarpone gradually and mix well after each addition. Fold in beaten egg whites. Dip lady fingers very quickly in cooled coffee. Place them side by side in a bowl to form one layer. Pour some of the egg mixture on top to cover the layer. Repeat layers ending with the egg mixture on the top. Chill overnight or for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment