Items featured at www.tesorotreasures.com

Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Every year, I always have a New Year's Resolution which I vow to keep. But, alas, they don't usually last for more than a week :( But this year, I am determined to stick to it. Beginning Tuesday, I am starting on the Mediterranean Prescription Diet by Dr. Acquista and planning on going to the gym 3 times per week as well as doing other physical activity on my off days. Since I turned 50 this year, I have noticed that my body is not as agile as it once was. Of course this lack of agility has crept up slowly, but I can feel myself not jumping up as quickly as I used to and being a bit slower to get moving. The lack of exercise and the increased weight surely has contributed to this...and I DON'T LIKE IT one bit!!! So, I have made a promise to myself that things are going to change!! I bought Dr. Acquista's book and began reading all about his "prescription" for losing weight. Since Mediterranean cuisine is pleasing to my palate (and it very well should be since I grew up with these flavors all my life), I thought it might be a good way to try to lose some weight. He begins with a 2 week "tough love" boot camp where you pretty much just eat fish, lean chicken, and LOTS of vegetables. No wine, pasta, bread (except for one slice of whole grain bread at breakfast), juice or fruit is allowed...My husband is going to join me in this effort which will make cooking a lot easier. My plan is to make a double dose for dinner so that we can eat the left overs for lunch the next day. I have already set out my meal plans for the whole week and did my shopping for it, too. I am actually looking forward to experimenting with all these new recipes!!! And I hope to also lose lots of weight. I will try to keep my progress posted here and let you know about the trials and tribulations which I'm sure to face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment